[V8Vairs] Rear Suspensions

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:49:41 EST 2008

Yes, my V8 has a De-Dion rear suspension manufactured by Darrell Dean.
Basically, it turns the independent rear suspension into a live rear axle by
connecting both trailing arms with a solid tube (picture the horse collar
crossmember). This eliminates the need for the strut rods, and consequently,
provides more ground clearance under the differential, and eliminates the
stress on the differential housing resulting from the strut rod attachment.

Still not sure if I like it better than the IRS.

--
Ask me how you can win this 64 Monza Convertible

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/65CrownV8/TCC%20Project%20Car/

George Jones
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397326
'66 Monza Coupe Custom (in progress)