[V8Vairs] Flywheel - Aluminum or Steel?

Paul Siano paulsiano at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 18:47:50 EST 2008

Today while working on my car, I wondered to myself which flywheel material would be best for a Crown conversion.  Given the fragility of the ring and pinion, what are the pros and cons of each?  I have a 3.55 non-psi 4 spider differential and a relatively low torque 283 Chevy with a stock GM flywheel.  I'm not planning to make a change, but I am curious about what others may have to say.

  Thanks in advance,

  Paul