[V8Vairs] Flipped Corvair Transaxle

Kmfaty at aol.com Kmfaty at aol.com
Sun Mar 23 09:29:19 EDT 2008

Thanks Matt for the reply.

I am planning on running a reverse rotation V8 motor, should have mentioned
that.  I have the rear main seal and harmonic balancer seal for a counter
clockwise running Chevy V8.  I also have a gear to gear timing gear set, which
allows the crankshaft to run the reverse direction and the cam runs in the
standard rotation, this set up gives me a slew of camshafts to choose from.

I am curious about the lubrication of the transmission with the differential
running upside down?  I figured I would make a 1/4" steel differential cover
and weld a lower control arm bracket relocation set up to it, in order to
connect the control arms.  Any thoughts or experience with this set up would be
invaluable to me.

All the best,
Kevin

Home.