[V8Vairs] info on vair tranny bolted to 327 chevy

The13Bats at aol.com The13Bats at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 19:36:08 EST 2008

I have some questions I am guessing will range from simple to  more complex,

I am setting up a kit car with a mid engineering frame and  Kelmark/corvair
tranny drive train with a 327

So will the extra torque of the SBC make taking off in first  gear like a
lumber truck?
Will I be taking off in second?

I would like to beef up the tranny and diff a  little,
I was told it only has two spider gears,
What other things should be done to make the tranny and diff  live long and
be happy?

Are other ring and pinion ratios available to make engine and  tranny work
together better?

I was be using the car as a street cruiser not a  racer

Many thanks
P.
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)