[V8Vairs] Wheel Help needed

Larry larry at larryboardman.com
Tue Nov 18 13:32:26 EST 2008

I know that many of you with the conversion have used various types of
wheels but with a Toronado conversion, I am having a hard time finding
classic looking wheels for the rear.  I want the front and rear to
match..  I really like American Racing Torq Thrust but to get a 5.5"
back spacing on a 7" or 8" wheel., I could only get it in17".  As it is
the tires contact the wheel lip sometimes and protrude a little outside
the body lines.

Any suggestions.

I thought of going with a smaller backspace and add flares but I want to
keep the stock appearance.

If any of you are going to the Frank Maratta Show in Hartford on
February 7,8,9, check out the Torvair.  It will be there.

Larry