[V8Vairs] reverse problems with Kelmark v8 conversion

Chris Wills cjwills at msn.com
Wed Nov 26 12:31:07 EST 2008

P,

The reverse is spring-loaded so it does take some effort to get it into reverse.  Try slipping a pipe over your shiter to temporarily get more leverage.  you may have to remove the wood shifter plate if it is not allowing the shift lever to move over far enough.  It could be slop in the linkage causing your problems-tighten all connections in the shift linkage if you can. If ther is a universal joint in the rod check it for play.

Good luck!

Chris Wills