[V8Vairs] reverse problems with Kelmark v8 conversion

The13Bats at aol.com The13Bats at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 12:00:58 EST 2008

I tried to send this last night and it appears from my mailbox  it didn't go
out but if this is a repeat please forgive, I am just excited about  this new
toy and want to tackle this problem

This drive train is the kelmark mid engineering  one,
The shifter in the car on mine is a rod about 1/2 inch thick  by about 5"
long so leverage is hard to get,
I can weld a bolt on top and add a knob and that would help a  pile
the so called shifter plate is an "H" cut in wood with the  extra leg where
you describe reverse to be to the left and forward
in my set up the tranny is backwards to how it would be in a  stock corvair
or the original valkyreie so I can see from back of the car  the shifter rod
comes back under the car and a little plate connects it to the  shifter rod
coming out of the tranny in the rear,
Perhaps I am not able to get the shifter far enough to the  left before going
forward with it  to get reverse as it just hits first ( I  assume that is
first ) each time,
The car was not running no battery when the transporter had it  but I hope
they didn't damage the tranny some way
Thanks for any help
Cheers,
P.