[V8Vairs] Heater options?

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 20:48:55 EST 2008

Craig-
On my old V8 Corvair, circa 1971, I cobbled together a heater using a small heater core mounted to the stock
Corvair blower motor and housing. I mounted it under the dash where the a/c normally mounts. I ran a hose from the
blower outlet to a hole I punched into the duct on the toe board. That put the hose below the diverter that lets you chose between defrost and heat. I closed off the bottom of the duct that hooks up to the under piece. It worked pretty well. When I lost that car the heater made its way into my streetrod where it still serves today.
Ed