[V8Vairs] v8 corvair

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at att.net
Sun Apr 18 18:14:00 EDT 2010

Hello Bert:  Even though some of pieces are not available new there is much
in the 'used' category.  Since you already have advertised that you are
looking for parts here many will follow up.  One way that numerous folks
have started a V8 from scratch is to buy an unfinished car from Craigslist
etc.    Many times someone has started a project with a very bad base car,
you can purchase that and place the parts into one of your cars.   Porsche
gearboxes are a bit pricey but reliability is good although a good built
Corvair transaxle will hold fair torque too.

Look also at:   www.corvaircenter.com      In fact if you look at that forum
you will see a Crown V8 being vintage raced this very weekend here in
Colorado.

Good luck with your project, everyone here will try to help you.

Best wishes, Steve