[V8Vairs] v8 corvair Wills Engineering parts for sale

Chris Wills cjwills at msn.com
Sun Apr 18 18:31:58 EDT 2010

Bert,

Next week I will be putting some parts on Ebay that may help you.

These parts allow you to use a Saginaw transmission out of a big car, i.e. Chevelle, Camaro, Vega, etc.  and couple it to the Corvair rear end, much like the Crown kit but stronger, as the trans bolts solidly to the bellhousing like it was designed to by GM.

The adapter plate goes between the trans and rear end and is 7/8" thick.  I will also list a shifter adapter that bolts to the trans side cover and allows you to use a Hurst shifter for far superior shifting than the Crown setup.

You would also need to get the output shaft of the trans shortened and re-splined at a cost of about $90 and I can help you with that,

This kit will work with a Crown subframe which come up for sale every once in a while (just sold mine) or you can make a Kelmark type which is what my current car has - goes under the oil pan and sits on the frame on either side.  Then you will need radiator, etc.  I have the fiberglass seat/cover also, but shipping will be expensive depending where you live.  I use regular seats with an Aluminum firewall to the window level, then 1/4" lexan window to the roof.  Engine is visible.

Note these parts are new, that I discovered in my garage last month, but these are the LAST I have for this conversion. Comes with complete instructions.

Chris Wills