[V8Vairs] Saginaw Side Cover

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 12:16:37 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/5/2010 5:40:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tbarrie at meritprecision.com writes:

Tom, I  did not compensate for the difference in the cover. At the time that
I did  the rebuild on the tranny I did not realize that there was a
difference in  cases.

Tim - I installed a big-car Saginaw side cover and a Hurst shifter with
long connector tubes into my Stinger about 30 years ago. I recall that I did
have to use the shift forks from the big car trans and that I had to put a
Grade  8 washer over the end before inserting it into the side-cover. This
pushes the  fork into the trans far enough to contact in the middle of the
synchro.  This might, indeed, be your problem.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA