[V8Vairs] Alignment/suspension setup

Thomas, Robert R Civ USAF AFMC 76 PMXG/OBPE Robert.Thomas at tinker.af.mil
Tue Mar 2 13:08:47 EST 2010

Most of you know of 18-year Cody who's chronicling the restoration of an
LM on Corvair Center. His father, who must be an amazing dad as well as
a marvelous Corvair mechanic, has an wicked looking, black Crown car he
races. Cody posted a picture of it here:

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=37194,filename=v8.jpg

The car is in a left turn with moderate body roll.  The left rear tire
is flat to the ground while the left front has some negative camber.

I'm going to ask Cody to ask his dad to describe his suspension set up
but I was wondering if anyone here knows specifically what is required
to get a Corvair to handle like that and how to get the front tires to
remain flat in a turn (if that is even possible)..

Bob Thomas 68 Monza