[V8Vairs] Perfect Engine for V-8 Corvair

Jonathan M McCreery morley_m at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 15:23:24 EDT 2010

I just finished up work on a friends 240 Nissan with an L33 5.3L Aluminum LSX.  The car put down 418 Wheel hp on a stock short block.  The mods are as follows

used Z06 Cam -  Ebay   $100
Z06 beehive Valve springs - $125
Swapped the truck manifold for an F-Body one - truck is too tall
Stock Corvette exhaust manifolds _ take offs from the LS1 corvair
6.0L LQ4 heads - bare off of ebay for $200 - mild casting cleanup

This is before we have even really had a chance to spend time tuning it. Hotrod has seen 500 crank HP out of a similar setup -This car is really restricted by exhaust.

I don't think I would want to put it behind a vair tranny.  For peopel concerned about weight it's a tick under 400#

paid $800 for the motor with 40,000 miles on it Shipped to my door.

J.McCreery
LS1/930 Porshce 66 Corsa
Northstar Fiero
92 civic 411 WHP @ 28psi
66 Blow through / intercooled
A GT3, a few vettes and too much to list.