[V8Vairs] Hurst Shifter Relocation

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 21:48:12 EDT 2010

Paul:

In my other Crown Car I have the Crown linkage (and in fact  put the quick
shift spacer in), and shifting works well.  It isn't crisp  (and obviously
no spring loaded neutral gate like a Hurst shifter), but again  works well.
I went through a 3 day weekend Vintage Racing Drivers School  last April
without a single missed shift.

A friend put in the Wills shifter on a big car saginaw in a V8 Vair years
ago; the long linkage bars had some flex, so he put a guide block (made out
of  plastic) at the flexing point on the rods, and he was pleased with the
results.  I never got to drive the car (he passed away about 6 or 7 yrs
ago).

What are you experiencing with your shift linkage?

Gary

In a message dated 9/14/2010 4:49:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,