[V8Vairs] Corsa Tach in a V-8

RHargr8188 at aol.com RHargr8188 at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 12:16:29 EDT 2010

This has been discussed before, but I agree with Craig, I've calibrated my
tack on the bench using a frequency counter and generator and it tracks the
RPM  as you would expect. This has been confirmed by others who have
calibrated  their Corsa tack.  If you are using a HEI system which could have
(mine does) a high voltage tack signal you should place a 1.2K 1/2 watt
resistor in series with the tack signal. This higher signal may be the  reason
some have had problems using a stock tack with the HEI  systems.

Doug Hargrove

Yes, all you have to do is to adjust the potentiometer. I have a  tach
calibration set-up and verified that it is just as accurate when  calibrated
for a V8 as it is when it is calibrated for a 6. The original  design specs
called for a different capacitor on a V8 tach board but in  practice it
doesn't seem to matter. The only catch is you need to start with  a good
tach. I have a recalibrated Corsa tach on my V8 and it's spot  on.
Craig Nicol
66 with 4.2L Olds V8