[V8Vairs] 4.56:1 diff explained

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 01:54:40 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/27/2010 8:11:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
paulsiano at yahoo.com writes:

I do  think the 283 is a nice match for the trans-axle...not too much
torque  and
strong enough for me at this stage of life. Paul

Paul  - I always thought starting with a nice 4-bolt main  307 truck block
and adding a 3" stroke large journal Z28 crank =  a  bullet-proof 283 short
block. Then twin small turbos for mid-range +.  Not enough low-end torque to
break anything, but enough mid-range and top end to  satisfy almost anyone.
And some people are building 454 inch "small" blocks  - different strokes
for different folks!

Cool -  Seth