[V8Vairs] Billet Shifter for a Crown?

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 10 10:39:36 EST 2011

Paul,
I used one and I have one on my race car. Its a nice piece and works well.
However, before that I had always used a new stock coupler which I welded up
to be solid. Worked equally well. I didn't like the billit clamp however so,
I used the stock one.
The aluminum piece will not wear the pin holes oblong though. Doubt you
drive the V8 enough to do that.

Rick Norris

Has anyone ever used a Clark's billet shift coupler (C181A) as part of the
shift linkage in a Crown conversion?

Did it make an improvement?

Paul

http://www.corvair.org/