[V8Vairs] upper strut on LM rear suspension

Thomas, Robert R Civ USAF AFMC 76 PMXG/OBPE Robert.Thomas at tinker.af.mil
Mon May 16 15:39:13 EDT 2011

Tim - Pictures would be greatly appreciated.   Bob Thomas 68 Crown on
jackstands

Mike, I am in the process of converting from a Kelmark conversion to a
Porsche 915 and going through what you are with upper struts.
I have welded a 2 by 2 tower to the rear wheel carrier between the
spring
and the shock. I have built a carrier to mount the trans to which is
supported by the old Kelmark cross member at the rear and tied into the
body
structure below the package shelf vertically. It has the inboard pickups
for
the upper and lower tie bars.
I have 16" tie bars on the bottom and 14" uppers to get the camber gain.
just measured some pictures of independent rear ends and that appears to
be
the rough ratio. Nothing scientific so I would appreciate any feedback
on
that.
I am using 930 CV's on each end of the axles. I have a Toolroom with a
CNC
at work so we are making up adapter plates to mount the CV to the
corvair
universal joint carrier.
And that is where I am at so far. Tim