[V8Vairs] V8 cooling

paul beck pbeck001 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 15:39:56 EDT 2012

Welcome Denny.
The first year I ran my V8 the temps ranged from 200 to 240. Always seemed to cool better sitting in a parking lot. Did a number of different changes, larger puller fan, relocated front spoiler, different thermostat. I run a built 350 with aluminum Vette heads and an electric water pump. I finally routed my cooling lines in front of the firewall and into the tunnel. No cover. Also had the engine dynoed. The operator changed my timing and advance significantly as well as my carb set up. Car now seldom gets more than 180, even on the 100+ days this summer. Preformed great on the power tour. Matt is right, if it's a newer engine it should run hotter without problems.
Paul Beck
65 Monza crown conversion
Corsa
V8 registry