[V8Vairs] For the group at large - who you calling "Large"?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 16:33:05 EDT 2012

In a message dated 7/12/2012 9:27:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pbeck001 at yahoo.com writes:

Worked  flawless for 900+ miles on the power tour.
Problem now is when I stop for  gas or any other short engine off stop
(15-30 min) apparently I'm still  getting fuel vaporizing in the lines and makes
it very difficult to start.  Usually takes 3-4 start, run, die cycles
before it will clean up and run  right.
The car runs moderately cool , 160 to 180 degrees.
I know  there's a lot of heat buildup in the engine compartment and the
heat soak  doesn't help. Has anyone had this issue or can you as a group make
some viable  suggestions ?

Paul, I am not sure you are correctly diagnosing the problem. If you have
fuel in the carburetor, it should start. If it is cranking and cranking, it
is  either flooded or out of fuel in the carb/carbs (if it is a fuel issue)
Is the  fuel boiling out of the carb? Do you have an insulating gasket pack
between the  carb/carbs and the manifold, to help dissipate the engine heat?
Vapor in the  lines might cause it to die after running a bit. That is
embarrassing, and could  be dangerous on the highway. Where is the fuel pump
located - vertically -  versus the fuel cell. The inlet of the pump should be
near - or below - the  bottom of the cell. - Seth