[V8Vairs] Cooling

paul beck pbeck001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 08:33:46 EDT 2012

it is a fuel issue)
Is the  fuel boiling out of the carb? Do you have an insulating gasket pack
between the  carb/carbs and the manifold, to help dissipate the engine heat?
Vapor in the  lines might cause it to die after running a bit. That is
embarrassing, and could  be dangerous on the highway. Where is the fuel pump
located - vertically -  versus the fuel cell. The inlet of the pump should be
near - or below - the  bottom of the cell. - Seth
My fuel cell is located in the trunk (rear) and my fuel pump is mounted on the back of the right rear wheel well. Supply line comes from the sump straight up into the trunk and then routes to the pump. You may be right Seth. When it won't start, I have to hold the throttle on the floor (clear flood mode) to get it to start. The fuel pressure fluctuates a lot during these start cycles. I don't have any insulating gaskets under my carb (height issue), gasket, nitrous plate, gasket. I'll have to check if the carb is boiling. I am thinking about adding 2 cooling fans to blow the heat down and out when stopped.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
Corsa
V8registry