[V8Vairs] Wheels and Tires

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Jun 6 14:06:42 EDT 2012

on my red v8, i have, because i like the conservative looks, ...   unilug
slotted mags with 14 x 215 x 60  bfg t/a ... these have been " adequate "
for fun street driving...we live on crushed rock roads here in the sticks,
and a too wide tire tends to ..., toboggan...    on the marbles ..

on my blue v8, i have early corvette ralleye wheels ..15 inch ...with bfg
comps.....very nostalgic but wow are those wheels heavy...   i bot a set of
mid-80's z28 wheels when a friend trashed his car, but have never switched
them .. yet.

on lousy  ( now normal  (g)  ) roads i think it's better to not go too wide
on tires.  i like the tires to move just a bit before giving up.

fwiw... i have often read that the michelin x tires of the good old days
were prone to give up with little transition...i ran them on my original 66
140 rig and never saw that ...i thot they were fantastic.   maybe they were
tricky on a solid axle tr4 type car ..

my current favorite tire for fun street use is bfg g-force sports .... if
you can get your size ....  i have 45k miles on a set on my eagle talon.

ken