[V8Vairs] Wheels and Tires

Chris Wills cjwills at msn.com
Sun Jun 10 12:32:17 EDT 2012

On my V8 I have Camaro (2001 I think) 16 X 8 wheel s all round with 245-50 in the rear, 225-55 in front.  Z rated Michelin Pilot ( came with the wheels off Craigs LIst).

I have to run 1.25" spacers because these late wheels have about 6" back space, which worries me, so I'm considering suspension mods to get rid of them.  I haven't pushed it hard in the corners yet as I am still working on reliability.  last night as I pulled into the driveway there was a bang and a miss.  Broke a rocker arm stud clean off my new Edelbrock heads...

Chris Wills

283 with turbos and C5 rear end