[V8Vairs] Roll Call

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Tue May 8 00:09:01 EDT 2012

i think the days of the crown-sbc are closing down.   the idea was to have a
kick-but stealth street car that people would call a corvair.  i have 2
esssentially crown types, and yes, i scare myself on the street....but now
there are camaros, mustangs , and the new vettes ...hey, i could play with
the 70.s vettes.  now i just stay out of their way.

i think that since we no longer intimidate everything else on the street
....that the "new" v8vairs should be a collection of new trick technology
...just to start, we need a 5 or 6 speed transaxle ...powered by a light 6
cyl,  appropriately set up for 15 psi modern boost..frank parkers rig is a
good start.   2400 lbs would be about right.......and hopefully there could
be a kit to make it feasable.
whoa crap i just woke up.

ken