[V8Vairs] V-8 Vairs List Ideas

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed May 23 13:24:14 EDT 2012

Jim Wrote:
> A newsletter is a tough one.  Having supported newsletters and websites for several clubs, I've come to the conclusion newsletters aren't worth the effort.  This forum is a wonderful example of why.  If you have an active forum, with the ability to post pictures, you already have everything you need to drive an active community.  Things of interest kick off discussions and things that aren't of interest, don't.  Being able to reference our website with the individual cars provides a visual way to expose ideas and proof points for different engineering approaches.  The V8 site was a huge help in getting me started on my own car.  I may have misunderstood your message, so I apologize if I'm off topic, but I feel like the best combination for our club is to have an active forum to drive the community and a good website to expose all the great work people do in building these cars.
>
> For my part, I will try to post some stuff around fuel injection and my recent conversion to 4-wheel power disc brakes.
>
> Jim Acker

Craig replies:
I agree! In my ideal world, we would talk the owner of the Corvair
Center (Corvaircenter.com) into activating one one of the alternate
forums for V8 vair use.  It's a terrific site and a very simple
interface that offers imbedded or off-site photos, grouped threads, and
keeps current threads at the top.  I think it's fantastic.  There is
also a spot for "members rides" with pictures and descriptions much like
we had before.
I wonder how to go about asking Royce (the owner) and I wonder how this
would sit with everyone on this current email list?
Craig Nicol
66 A/C 4dr with Olds V8