[V8Vairs] covarado

mainlymuscle at telus.net mainlymuscle at telus.net
Sat Dec 28 13:15:18 EST 2013

The experts on Cad 500 are "Maximum Torque Specialties" or MTS,and that is where I got my parts and advice.Marty is just about as good a guy as you'll find in the car biz.we should have just under 500 hp and closer to 600# tq.These numbers are limited by the lack of clearance for a better intake.I am considering going to a Lexan type back window and cutting around a for a high rise.After a few runs to examine launch characteristics,I will look at nitrous or turbo as well.
As for the weight,as mentioned ,not much heavier than SBC except that the transaxle is on top of that.My car weighs 2860lbs.I did not go with the aluminum heads on the 500 as per MTS advice-basically $3000.00 for no power gain to save 80lbs.
I am going to do another one of these with an Aluminum Buick V-6 turbo or twin with an objective of well under 2500 lbs.For that project ,I would like to start with a Corvair that has been really sorted on a road course as I am looking to build a very high budget supercar as opposed to the current project which is a very clean sleeper-ish 1/4 miler.Please keep an eye out for a potential candidate.
Thanks