[V8Vairs] Getting a V8 car certified

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Aug 2 12:25:12 EDT 2014

Where are you located - Nazi Germany?

- Seth Emerson (Speaking from semi-regulated California)

In a message dated 8/2/2014 9:16:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gorexin at shaw.ca writes:

Second  attempt to certify the car failed. Don't know if its just the shop
being  really sticky or what. Car drives straight, stops good, all glass
good, all  lights work, horn works, all new wiring, new tires, etc. His list of
wants in  order to certify are, new steering rack( I have one), all new
rubber bushings  front and rear, engine has oil leaks( B.S. just did all
gaskets- its the  steering pump that leaks) no defrost fan, wants new rear brake
hardware( brake  shoes are fine), antifreeze leak (one small intermittent
drip) no neutral  safety switch, leaking front wheel cal (good to know), engine
cover must be  metal and did not like the seat belts.  So much for Crown
originality. A  lot of these issues I'm aware of and want to fix as I go but
for him to  certify the car has to be pristine! I'm feeling a little pissed!
Anyone else  running into this  crap?
Gord
V8Vairs  mailing  list
V8Vairs at corvair.org