[V8Vairs] common bearing found!!

Tom Zimmermann tz145236 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 09:40:25 EST 2014

..on a whim, walking past the 944 Porsche trans, I decided to mic the output shaft where the Porsche output bearing is;; by the H-F digital calipers it's 1.179"...hhmm..dug up a Saginaw shaft and old bearing,and the shaft mic's at 1.800" !!--fascinating is the "OD" of the Saginaw bearing matches the OD where the 'input'/ clutch gear bearing also fits,meaning I could probably put the Saginaw bearing on,and use the 'big-car' release 'snout;,and it's TO bearing!!..still waiting for the 'used' Porsche clutch disc I paid for last week..