[V8Vairs] Ebay car

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 23:39:22 EST 2014

An  aluminum  Buick  weighs  in  at  a  little  over  300 lbs. [makes  about  a  hp. per  LB. ]  Wei ght  isn't  everything , IT'S  THE  ONLY  THING !!!!   The  Buick  is  only  slightly  heavier  than  the  original  "FLAT  6", but , you  have  increased  the  HPs  and  rebalanced  the  car .  IT  corners  better [ moved  the  CG ], increased  acceleration [more  power] , and  the  trans-axle  will  "LIVE"  reasonably  well  coz  you  don't  have  all  that  torque  to  deal  with........  Add  some  "glass  parts" [or  carbon  fiber]  and  maybe  get  the  car  to  2000 lbs.  [less???].  HP  to  wieght  is  the  name  of  the  game.  Many  times  reducing  weight  doesn't  create  the  problems  adding  HP's  do  [TORQUE]