[V8Vairs] Where to start?

joe acquisto joea at acquisto-us.com
Thu Apr 13 22:55:44 EDT 2017

I've been interested in a v8 Corvair since I first read about the Crown conversions.   A few years ago I had a chance to get a rather rough example with a 350 installed, but dallied too long and it was gone.

Recently divorced and retired I idly started searching again and stumbled on this list and v8registryforum.com, where registration has not, apparently, been approved yet.  I was astonished there seem to be a lot of others with an active interest and more choices than the out of production crown stuff.

So, where to start?   I'm looking as much for a project as a finished or semi finished car.