[V8Vairs] Where to start?

rearengine.steve rearengine.steve at att.net
Fri Apr 14 00:17:01 EDT 2017

Welcome to the water cooled side of Corvairs. You might disclose your location, others here may be close by. (demo  time)
Others will have more profound ideas than what I offer below:
Examine the various conversions and ponder your choices. Many are offered on eBay or Craigslist in partially finished stages.  Examine a car closely before purchase. Join CORSA. CORSA supports clubs and chapters which includes v8registry
SteveDenver Colo

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device-------- Original message --------From: joe acquisto <joea at acquisto-us.com> Date: 04/13/2017  8:55 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: v8vairs at corvair.org Subject: [V8Vairs] Where to start?
I've been interested in a v8 Corvair since I first read about the Crown conversions.   A few years ago I had a chance to get a rather rough example with a 350 installed, but dallied too long and it was gone.

Recently divorced and retired I idly started searching again and stumbled on this list and v8registryforum.com, where registration has not, apparently, been approved yet.  I was astonished there seem to be a lot of others with an active interest and more choices than the out of production crown stuff.

So, where to start?   I'm looking as much for a project as a finished or semi finished car.