<VV> RE: VirtualVairs : Ignition and Electrical Questions

Paula Tilsley markt17@fuse.net
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 05:07:13 -0500

Problem:

The car starts fine, idles fine, has great power and throttle
response. After I drive it for a number of miles (20 to 30) the car
just quits. If I let it cool down for about 10 minutes it starts up
fine and all is good till it warms up again and the sit and cool
cycle starts again. I don't think this is vapor lock since I can  see
a stream of gas from the accelerator pumps even when the car  does
not want to start. Would this indicate a bad coil? I do not  know the
age of the coil. Should I have not run 12V to the coil and  ignition?

Anil

I had a similar problem with an old Opel.  It turned out to be the
voltage regulator.  You may want to check that.

Mark Tilsley
65 corsa turbo vert