<VV> vinyl top

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:25:28 -0500

I helped to sell a '63 coupe with a Chevy dealer-added quasi-vinyl top.

It was _painted_ on with textured paint ad even had two strips of metal glued to the roof and painted over to
replicate seams. Until you got very close it looked like a factory vinyl top would have.

The seller (who had bought the car used from the dealer in 1966) said that this was a common "upgrade"
to make their used cars look more "up to date" and that Chevy actually supplied "kits" to do it.

I liked the way it looked and had I bought the car I would have kept the top....

Bill Elliott