<VV> 62-63 80hp Heads Wanted

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:27:23 -0700

WANTED
A set of 62-63 80hp heads, or a single 64 95hp head.  Also looking for a
set of 140 exhaust manifolds.  I want a set that does not need seat or
guide work, can be cleaned up and be used, does not need valves.  Can trade
for a decent set of 110 late heads or other parts.  Want a set to mill the
gasket step on and swap in over a weekend to replace the 102's that are in
there with +0.052 head gaskets.  This is on my 63 coupe.  I put the heads,
NOS units, on last October with the gaskets.  It wont ping on the cheapest
gas, but also has no oomph, yes everything else is in good working order.
The shortblock on the engine is great and dont want to do anything to it.
Just built our Corsa engine, and am going to be building a 215 Buick engine
in a few weeks, so dont want to go nuts with reconfiguring.  I figure
gasket step milled 80 heads with a 0.032 piston to head quench should give
a good CR, and heads  reasonably ported with 140 manifolds and dual
exhausts etc...  ought to wake up the poor car a bit.   Just hoping someone
out there has a set laying around they will let go of for a reasonable cost.
Thanks,
Geoff Johnson