<VV> radio speaker

Williams, Rickie williamr@lindsey.edu
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:49:23 -0600

I need advice on a radio speaker.  The 1966 Raffle Car's AM push Button
radio has a decal or ink stamping (forgot which) that states it must be
hooked up to a 10 ohm speaker.  The only 4 X10 speaker Radio shack in this
town sells is 4 ohm.

Question one)  Will using a 4 ohm instead of a 10 ohm damage the radio?

Question two) The speaker in the car isn't original in that it looks as if
someone did a splicing job on the wires.  That being the case, is 4 X 10
even the correct size speaker?

Please respond with good solid advice...time's a running out for me to get
this massive project done.

Thanks,
Rickie Williams
Rickie Williams