<VV> Trip Not going well, update

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 23:41:40 EST

I just made it back from Stillwater OK with my cars.  I rented a U-haul full
trailer and headed up there.  When we started the car to drive it on the
trailer (110 4-speed by the way) It sounded OK to me.  They said that this was not
the miss sound that had developed last night.  I heard no hammering or
mechanical noise, so I don't think it is a valve seat or a broken valve.  The motor
idle changed when we pulled off the  plug wire to the #6 cylinder, the one they
said it was.  It came back up when we put the plug wire back on, but they
thought it sounded a little weak.  It did run OK when we put it on the trailer.
I haven't had time to check anything else, I figured as long as we had the
trailer, I would use it.

I am really hoping that for some reason, the plug got fouled, maybe with some
carbon or something, and it cleared itself out.  I am very happy that there
is no banging or clanging noises in the cylinder.  I will check it out tomorrow
when I can pull the plug.  Possible a valve spring getting weak.  Lifter
didn't make noise so I don't think that failed.

My brother said as we were driving back to Texas that he hoped that it was
something really simple like carbon fouling the plug, but if it was, he was
going to feel pretty silly.  I agreed with him that I would rather be safe than
sorry.

I will let you all know what I find.

Todd Miller
Texas