<VV> Phoenix Charlie / LaLa effect

alan WESSON sidevalve@sidevalve.fsnet.co.uk
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:37:54 +0100

> We in SoCal remember Ontario Motor Speedway [ now an industrial park! ]
and
> Riverside International Raceway [ now homes and shopping centers ]...and
of
> course all the Wrecking Yards that USED to be!

Yes, we have the same problem here. In Britain it is called
'gentrification' - junkyards and empty, derelict buildings being replaced by
high-dollar developments and office parks.

Personally, I prefer the junk yards - but it seems that I am in a minority.
I think the only answer, if you want to be surrounded by junk yards, is to
go and live in a poor country, because this process seems to be an
inevitable concomitant of the rise in wages and prices when somewhere gets
'gentrified', and it might also in part be because Vairs are considered as
cheap, junk cars.

But then, that's why I like them...

Cheers

Alan