<VV> Re: Phoenix charlie

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:23:58 -0400

If Charlie's goal is to gain attention rather than to sell Corvair parts:
(a) he's succeeded; and (b) I'd be a fool to try to order Corvair parts from
him, because that isn't what he's about.
     If, on the other hand, his goal is to sell Corvair parts, I can't tell
what he's offering, and I garner the distinct impression I'd have difficulty
communicating with him (although people who've breached the wall tell us
otherwise).
     So, either way, I get no Corvair parts from Charlie, and he sells none
to me. I hope he's having a good time. For me, it's all a lot of chaff that
makes it harder to find the grain I'm looking for.

Joe Potts

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of turbobraf
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 10:51 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: Phoenix charlie

i think i can shed some light on this, as i just got back from AZ and
spending some time with "phoenix charlie' otherwise known as charlie dye, he
just has taken on consignment a large inventory of corvair parts from larry
aldrich, a corvair junkyard vendor in mesa, az. he is in a round about way
advertising this fact. i think that he is doing the advertising like this to
bring attention to himself,
it seems to work as you are paying attention!

Bill Brafford
.
> Subject: <VV> Phoenix Charlie
>
> Been meaning to ask this for ages! Can anyone explain Phoenix Charlie's
> in the Communique to me? They are arcane to the point of
incomprehensibility