<VV> Charlie Dye

Marc Marcoulides Marc Marcoulides <hharpo@earthlink.net>
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:37:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Bill, I am 2nd in "oddest Corvair folk" competition, have lost track of the winner, Charlie came about 9th.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wrsssatty@aol.com
Sent: Apr 5, 2004 12:28 PM
To: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: <VV> Charlie Dye

I'm fascinated with the fascination with Charlie Dye of Arizona and since I'm
about the only one who hasn't weighed in on him yet, here's my 2 cents:

I met him at Carlisle and even bought a Falcon brochure from him (you read
that right).  As Corvair folks go, he's not the oddest.  I've always said that
of all the ad slogans used in Corvair advertising over the years, the most apt
was 1966's "A Most Unusual Car for People Who Enjoy The Unusual."  As for
Charlie Dye, my advice to my fellow Corvair enthusiasts is; "Enjoy him!"

Bill Stanley