<VV> the GRM $2004 Challenge is history! V8Vair for sale!

AngryCorvair@aol.com AngryCorvair@aol.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:21:51 EDT

go out and buy the August 2004 issue of Grassroots Motorsports when it hits
the newsstands in a couple of months.   it will have complete coverage of the
$2004 challenge.   or hit http://www.grmotorsports.com/challenge.php to see
overall final results and a few pix from the event.

my '66 crownvertible was good enough for 16th overall out of 77 competitors,
and received a trophy for the highest finish by a classic (pre-'73).   results
were as follows:

drags:  18th place with 13.781 at 103.5mph  --  quickest was 10.62 by
SBC-powered '77 chevy nova

autocross:   18th place with 57.673 seconds  --  quickest was 54.442 by
turbocharged '78 alfa spider

concours:   tied for 15th with 36.625 points  --  highest was 41.5 by a very
neat toyota MR2

we didn't have a single mechanical hiccup all weekend, and we even drove the
car from the hotel to the track and back on both days of the competition!

i won't write up my communique story until after GRM prints their article.

patrick aka AngryCorvair@AOL.com

PS   car is now for sale.   $5000, includes all spares and a challenge budget
showing investment of $1975.xx in case you want to go to the $2005 challenge
with it.   contact off-line for more info.