<VV> Otto Oil Pan

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:12:45 EDT

klundy@optonline.net writes:
I'm considering replacing my stock oil pan with an Otto Ultra-Cooler Oil
Pan.
Does anyone have experience with this item?
Does it really help the engine run cooler?
Is it less likely to leak?
Thanks for any assistance you all can give.
Ken,
I reduces the probability of an oil leak.  How much it helps oil cooling over
the stock pan is unknown but it must be better than the stock steel pan since
it has fins which increases the total area for heat to be radiated off and
for air contact to remove heat by convection.  I use them and really like them.
Here in the Southwest we need all the help in cooling in the hot summer
weather.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA