<VV> Digest?? -- Broken engine & leak down

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:42:23 -0500

My opinion (to which I'm entitled) is...

Once the compression test is done and a 90lb difference is found, you KNOW
that you have a problem.  If it is not a broken/misaligned rocker or push
rod... which you will discover by removing four bolts (rocker cover), you
now KNOW the head will come off:

For you analytical types, I guess it might be intriguing to figure out what
the specific problem is before you remove the head (escaping air here means
this and escaping air there means that), but you are still going to end up
removing the head.  So, just DO IT and FIND the problem.

Sorry if that offends, but I've never pulled a head (when I knew there was a
problem) and then found out that (Oh mistake) there was not a problem which
needed repair.  That is my last email on THIS topic.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR

'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140