<VV> synthetic oil suggestions

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:42:38 -0400

	A friend in work highly recommended Shell Rotella synthetic 5W
40.  http://www.rotella.com/products/rotella_t_synthetic.html
He runs it in his bike and his SHO.  Sold at Wally-Mart.  I tried it and
I'm happy.  Quiets my lifters and improved my oil pressure at idle (when
warm from none on dino 10W 30 to 10 lbs) on my '83 3.8 Pontiac G/P More
imporantly, cured my lifter noise and exhaust smoke on my 180 I used to
get when I did "spirited" driving!

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: slmizel@juno.com [mailto:slmizel@juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 2:18 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> synthetic oil suggestions

Hi all...I have seen several suggestions in VV to use synthetic oil over
the last couple weeks...what is the group's experience?  I have never
used synthetic and I noticed most of the books recommend hd30...1)
Anyone say NO don't use it?  2) Anyone recommend one brand over another?
3) What filter do I use?  Sorry again that my questions are so basic,
but I am just a basic kind of guy cruising around and having a ball in
my '65.  Thanks!

Steve Mizel
65 Corsa Vert