<VV> synthetic oil suggestions

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:44:01 -0500

If you ever take apart (or just have oil pan down) an engine that has run
synthetic all it's life (after break-in), you'll know the answer to that
one.  Brand - probably any (I use Mobil 1).  I prefer FULL synthetic and I'm
leery of these "delayed release" things I'm seeing advertised lately.  Oh,
and the Teflon thing (I've been told) leaves a buildup inside the engine.
Don't know, haven't used it.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
----- Original Message -----
From: <slmizel@juno.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 1:17 PM
Subject: <VV> synthetic oil suggestions

> Hi all...I have seen several suggestions in VV to use synthetic oil over
the last couple weeks...what is the group's experience?  I have never used
synthetic and I noticed most of the books recommend hd30...1) Anyone say NO
don't use it?  2) Anyone recommend one brand over another? 3) What filter do
I use?  Sorry again that my questions are so basic, but I am just a basic
kind of guy cruising around and having a ball in my '65.  Thanks!