<VV> synthetic oil suggestions

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:25:39 -0400

I'm not basic, but occasionally base . . .
     I run 10W30 full synthentic, and I THINK (based on what the temperature
gauge says) I'm running 20 degrees or so cooler. Pretty important with a
140hp and A/C.
     I plan to stay with it - have been doing this for over a year. Just
street driving, rather like you, but in hot weather most of the time.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of slmizel@juno.com
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 2:18 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> synthetic oil suggestions

Hi all...I have seen several suggestions in VV to use synthetic oil over the
last couple weeks...what is the group's experience?  I have never used
synthetic and I noticed most of the books recommend hd30...1) Anyone say NO
don't use it?  2) Anyone recommend one brand over another? 3) What filter do
I use?  Sorry again that my questions are so basic, but I am just a basic
kind of guy cruising around and having a ball in my '65.  Thanks!

Steve Mizel
65 Corsa Vert