<VV> Oil filters

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:32:18 EDT

I go two ways on this one.  Either I buy a case from a distributor or I just
get one from NAPA.  My local NAPA still carries them. They also showed me a
cutaway NAPA one next to a cutaway AC and the NAPA looked a whole lot better
inside.  I'd prefer to keep the PF4 in production by buying them.  Why support
the <Chevette> or whatever it is filter?  Just my take on the matter.
Craig Nicol

<snip>
Subject: <VV> Oil filter question: Adapter? No adapter?
My local Kragens (all of them) no longer carry (ssshh..Fram PH4) Corvair oil
filters, which I've happily used for +25 years.  Ditto PepBoys.  I'm a lazy
shopper, so I'm undecided whether to buy a case of filters from our vendors or
buy either Cal's or Lon's adapters and use modern filters.
<unsnip>