<VV> Oil filters

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:59:55 -0400

Craig and All

AFAIK, The PF'4s and the NAPA GOLD 1038, AKA the WIX 51038 are all the same
filter. The Last Wix filters to be sprayed blue and marked PF4 were produced
at the WIX plant in Gastonia NC, about 15 miles from where I live.

This is all from production workers and verified by WIX tech reps. Just not
enough demand for AC Delco to bother with.

The Wix filter has evolved into what is IMO one of the finest oil filters
out there.  It Ain't a K&N, but neither is it a 12.00 filter.

If the demand stays up, WIX will continue to provide us with a stock type
oil filter.

BTW I bought the last 22 PF4's that AC Delco had in their warehouses in NC
and SC

I was getting calls for them from pretty far away, so we had to take them
out of the inventory. Sounded too much like a prick telling guys "yes we
have them but they're mine".......

FWIW

HANK