<VV> RE: Brake shoes

Jim Burkhard burkhard@rochester.rr.com
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:36:49 -0400

Sounds like you should have bought proper shoes from a Corvair vendor.  I
would take these back. If they are all the same lining length, either half
are too short or the other half are too long.  One way means they will
overly self-energize and the other way you are treated on some braking area.
Think about it... Why would they have gone through the extra expense in the
first place if it didn't make sense. Your elcheapo supplier is just trying
to shave a nickel wherever possible.

The reputable Corvair vendors I buy my brake shoes from don't take the cheap
way out like your SLAPs (S = stupid or slippery, choose the moniker
yourself).

Jim Burkhard