<VV> re: Oil Filters The permanent type

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 21:54:27 -0700

Since were on the topic of oil filters, has anyone used the System1 reusable
type.  It is made out of heavy aluminum.  Inside is a stainless mesh that is
extremely fine, probably laser cut, no roll of toilet paper in this baby
like a Franz.  They aren't cheap at around $140 retail currently for the
short one (I know, I know.....you can buy alot of throwaway filters for
that).   I have one but have never used it.  I bought it years ago for the
Spyder.  I just thought it was a neat idea to have a permanent filter and
not have to worry about buying another one again.  I didn't pay $140 for it
since I bought it 6 years ago (I've been in the process of restoring the car
for 13  years!) but at the time it wasn't cheap either.

Anyone familar with System1 oil filters?

Dan Kling
1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89 stump puller
1963 Spyder, 4spd Saginaw, 3.55 (engine in progress)