<VV> Brakes-- Automatic Adjustment

John Green jgreen@alum.mit.edu
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:53:42 -0400

We have replaced the rear brake shoes after installing new wheel bearing
assemblies in our 1965 convertible and have a few questions:

1. The automatic adjustment lever (paw?) engages the adjustment gear on the
left wheel but not on the right. Is this normal or have we done something
wrong?

2. What is the correct procedure for adjusting the brakes manually? There is
no opening in the drum for a brake spoon on the rear but there is one on the
front.

Thanks again for your past help. On your advice, we replaced the rear brake
cylinders because they were a bit damp. Also, the radiator hose clamp trick
worked very well on the e-brake cable.

John Green, new owner--and learning bit by bit.